Apple has finally broke the suspense by announcing that WWDC 2014 will be held on June 2nd. In a press release to media, Apple confirmed that their annual developer conference will take place on Monday on June 2nd at San Francisco’s Moscone West.
For those who don’t know, WWDC Stands for World Wide Developer Conference which is held every year by Apple Inc. In this conference developers showcase their apps. Apart from that Apple also announced their new Operating systems in this conference. WWDC 2014 will be a 5 day conference which will focus the upcoming operating systems from Apple like iOS 8 and will also focus changes to OS X.
Not everyone can attend this WWDC 2014 event. Apple has very strict criteria for that. Though every year thousands of developers sign up for this WWDC conference to attend this gorgeous conference but Apple only accept selected developers for their conference.
Some of WWDC 2014 Highlights:
- More than 100 technical sessions presented by Apple engineers on a wide range of topics for developing, deploying and integrating the latest iOS and OS X technologies;
- more than 1,000 Apple engineers supporting over 100 hands-on labs and events to provide developers with code-level assistance, insight into optimal development techniques and guidance on how they can make the most of iOS and OS X technologies in their apps;
- the latest innovations, features and capabilities of iOS and OS X, and how to enhance an app’s functionality, performance, quality and design;
- the opportunity to connect with thousands of fellow iOS and OS X developers from around the world—last year more than 60 countries were represented;
- a new series of get togethers for attendees focused on particular topics with special guest speakers and activities;
- engaging and inspirational lunchtime sessions with leading minds and influencers from the worlds of technology, science and entertainment; and
- Apple Design Awards which recognize iPhone, iPad and Mac apps that demonstrate technical excellence, innovation and outstanding design.
Once developers are selected, they are required to buy tickets for this conference. Remember last year, WWDC tickets were sold out in just 120 seconds so those developers who are looking to buy tickets this year really need to keep their eyes and ears open as for now Apple hasn’t yet announced the dates regarding availability of tickets.
However according to some news, Apple isn’t going to sell tickets this years rather they will select developers themselves and only those lucky developers will be able to attend the conference.