iCloud is a product of Apple Inc and it is obvious that this platform is made by Apple primarily for its own devices like iPhone, iPad, iPod and Mac PC’s. As Apple has also its own MAC Operating system but they does allow iCloud sign in via windows operating system PC too. Not on just windows users, android smartphone users are lucky one because they can sign into iCloud by their android smartphones. However they need to do some settings.
Setting up iCloud on Android smartphone
In order to set up iCloud in your android operating system mobile phone, you need to follow these steps:
Setting up new email account
In order to set up your email client, you need to set up a new account by entering Apple ID as email/ username and insert iCloud password under password field.
Setting IMAP for email account
- Once you enter the email and password, you need to select manual setup.
- On the next screen you need to select IMAP and following data need to be entered there.
IMAP server: imap.mail.me.com
Password: enter your Apple ID password
Port number: 993
- After entering the IMAP details, you need to set certificates to SSL. However if it shows some sort of error then select TLS as secondary option.
- Now configure the SMTP settings for outgoing mail.
- You need to enter the following details there:
SMTP server: smtp.mail.me.com
Password: Apple ID password
Port number: 587
Set the certificates to SSL or TLS.
That’s it, you have successfully setup the iCloud on your android smartphone.